If you thought yoga is just for those interested in slow and boring movements you are
quite wrong. Yoga can actually help you deal with a variety of issues, helps you lose weight,
improves your stamina and even beats migraines and insomnia. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? Well,
here are the 8 health benefits of yoga that you must know about.
- It’s a total body workout : Yoga gives you all that a gym can but in a
peaceful, safe and more holistic way. It stretches out the muscles in your body, gives you
rock hard abs, strong arms, toned buttocks, a strong backand legs.
- It will help you lose weight: Breathing techniques followed during the
practice of yoga, strengthens the mind-body connection and helps you deal with emotions that
fuel stress eating. Apart from that yoga is a very effective form of exercise that can be
performed even by obese people, giving them the chance to lose weight by engaging in a form
of exercise that tones the entire body, fuels the metabolic system and helps burn fat –
leading to weight loss.
- It’s a great stress buster : Stress is usually thought of as an innocuous
condition that can be ignored, but it can actually wreak havoc on your body.. Here’s where
yoga comes into the picture. Not only does it help calm the mind but also helps beat the ill
effects of free radicals and helps build your immunity.
- Inner Peace : Yoga demands that the practitioner concentrate and focus on
what their body is telling them – to notice their breathing pattern, concentrate on the body
and calm the mind to simply concentrate on themselves. Moreover, this entire practice does
not over stimulate the body and mind – making you calmer and more poised.
- It will boost your immunity : Yoga actually affects the way your body
reacts to attacks on your immune system. It stimulates changes in gene expression and boosts
your immunity at the cellular level. Yoga was found to help improve one’s immunity by
improving your overall health.
- It will improve your flexibility : Ever wanted to touch your toes with your
fingers without bending your knees? Well, yoga can help with that. The practice of yoga
helps the body gently regain its flexibility by stretching out the muscles of various areas
without causing any harm to them. The best part about yoga is that as you keep performing
it, you will see that your flexibility greatly improves.
- It will help you master breathing properly : When you perform any pose in
yoga, you are taught to breathe in and out with a certain pace and manner. Moreover deep
breathing has been known to help fight off lifestyle diseases like diabetes, heart disease,
and high cholesterol.
- And also help you sleep better : Suffering from insomnia? Well, yoga might
just be what you need. Regular practice of yoga help chronic insomniacs deal with the
disease. It helped improve their sleep patterns – helping them sleep better, stay awake
during the day and made them feel more energetic.